CNI Employment Opportunities Open House- Success Preparatory Academy
The Community Engagement Team began their comprehensive outreach process in October of 2011.
The Black Men of Labor (BMOL) will canvass, door-to-door, throughout the CNI footprint most Saturday mornings. Covering every ward and precinct within the CNI footprint, BMOL will distribute fact sheets, newsletters, comment cards, and answer questions about the engagement process. A schedule of BMOL’s upcoming canvassing efforts will be available soon.
Contact the BMOL to see when they will be in your neighborhood next: email  or call (504) 233-4351
Working Team Meetings
Residents, community leaders, community groups, schools, businesses, social aid and pleasure clubs, civic groups, and other stakeholders are encouraged to participate in the Working Teams. These teams will align with specific topics of interests to the community and will meet regularly to communicate activities and opportunities that align with the priorities of each group.
- Housing & Blight-all housing development, zoning, historical considerations, financing, and other strategies, and all blight-related strategies will be addressed by this group
- Cultural Community-all cultural community issues will be addressed by this group
- Education & Recreation-all youth related in-school and out-of-school issues will be addressed by this group
- Economic & Workforce Development-all retail, workforce training, commercial development and zoning, and other job creation or economic generating issues will be addressed by this group
- Public Health & Safety-all public health and safety issues, from clinics to mentoring programs will be addressed by this group
More information about the working team meetings can be found here.
Throughout the course of working team meetings, the Community Engagement Team will hold a series of public forums. These larger scale meetings are a place where community members can share their thoughts and collaborate on a new vision for the CNI community.
The dates of upcoming public forums will be posted as soon as they are scheduled.
HANO Board Meetings
The HANO Board meets on the second Tuesday of each month, providing a recurring opportunity for residents and stakeholders in the Iberville/Tremé community to provide input on the transformation plan. Upcoming meetings are posted on the Events Calendar located on the right hand side of this page.